- Published: 26 September 2018 26 September 2018
ICAN is hosting a mini-workshop at the CoastGIS workshop of Friday September 28th from 15:00 – 17:00 GMT
ICAN Mini Workshop - “Coastal Web Atlas Contributions to SDG goals”
The workshop will include presentations on recent ICAN member activities around the world, and will include a brainstorming session on the theme of “How can ICAN and CWA operators contribute to SDG14 and the Decade of Ocean Science?”. Presenters include:
- Kathrin Kopke, University College Cork, Ireland
- David Hart, University of Wisconsin Sea Grant, USA
- Anja Kreiner, National Information and Research Centre, Namibia
- Francisco Arias, INVEMAR, Columbia
- Kathy Belpaeme, Provincie West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
The ICAN Steering Group will be using feedback from this mini-workshop to develop the next 2-year work plan for the network, and to pursue new opportunities for collaboration.
The full CoastGIS programme of sessions can be found online here:
- Published: 05 September 2017 05 September 2017
Preparations are complete and agendas have been finalized! We are excited to see everyone next week in Santa Marta. Safe Travels!
- ICAN Steering Meeting Agenda - Monday September 11th, 2017
- ICAN 8 Workshop Agenda - Tuesday September 12th, 2017
- Ocean Teacher Global Academy Agenda - Wednesday September 13th - Friday September 15th, 2017
For those attending the Ocean Teacher Global Academy Course, please see the following invitation from the ICAN co-Chairs:
Dear Ocean Teacher Global Academy Participant:
The members of the International Coastal Atlas Network (ICAN) Steering Group invite you to participate in the ICAN8 workshop on 12 September, 2017. The theme of the workshop is Coastal Web Atlases and Ocean Literacy. You are also welcome to join us for the afternoon session of the ICAN Steering Group Meeting on 11 September, 2017 at 2:00 pm. Both events will be held at the INVEMAR facility in Santa Marta, Colombia and promise to compliment your OTGA experience as well as broaden your knowledge about ICAN.
We hope to see you there,
Marcia Berman (co-chair ICAN) Kathrin Kopke (co-chair ICAN)