- Published: 04 January 2019 04 January 2019
On Friday 28 September 2018 ICAN hosted a mini-workshop at the CoastGIS 2018 conference in Ísafjörður, Iceland.
The mini-workshop program featured presentations on recent ICAN member activities around the world, and a brainstorming session on the theme of “How can ICAN and CWA operators contribute to United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 14 and the UN Decade of Ocean Science?” Presenters included:
- Kathrin Kopke, University College Cork, Ireland
- David Hart, University of Wisconsin Sea Grant, USA
- Anja Kreiner, National Information and Research Centre, Namibia
- Francisco Arias, INVEMAR, Columbia
- Kathy Belpaeme, Provincie West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
After presentations, the room broke into 4 groups for focused discussion on the topics presented, and participants documented their discussions.